Select an office
Our Offices
Call: 01848 330207 Call: 01848 330207 Call: 01659 50241 Call: 01387 255414

Find Your Perfect Home
Click on the map to add a location
Home | Legal Services | Conveyancing

Conveyancing Solicitors

Conveyancing is the name given to the process of transferring ownership of property in Scotland.

Kenneth McLean, our senior partner, has years of experience in the Thornhill and Sanquhar area, as does Sharon Fyall in Dumfries and the surrounding area.

Together, and ably assisted by their fantastic team of paralegals, they have the expertise and knowledge to help with all residential and commercial conveyancing matters including purchases, sales and remortgages. We have also extensive experience in dealing with the purchase and sales of farms, small holdings, licensed premise, holiday parks and wind farms.

Please contact:

Kenneth McLean | Partner

Sharon S. Fyall | Partner



Found the perfect home and want to make a move? Whether you’re a first time buyer or regular home mover, our team will guide you through the various stages involved including noting of interest, submitting a formal offer and settling the transaction.


As well as performing estate agent and property marketing services, our team can assist with all aspects of the legal sales process once an acceptable offer is received including negotiating an entry date and concluding the missives.

Estate Agents

Full estate agency selling service across Dumfries and Galloway from three offices in Dumfries, Thornhill and Sanquhar.


Remortgaging advice and guidance whether you’re switching to a new lender or moving to a new deal with your existing provider.


What is Conveyancing?

Conveyancing is the legal process of transferring ownership of property from one party (the seller) to another (the buyer). It involves solicitors from both sides liaising (by missives) until the sale is agreed. Solicitors in Scotland play a more prominent role in the buying and selling of property than the rest of the UK.

When does the conveyancing process start/end and how long does it take?

The process starts when a formal offer is made and ends when the keys are handed over. Unfortunately, there is no set timescale for the conclusion of missives.

I’ve found a property I’d like to make an offer on, what do I do next?

Before you can make an offer on a property, you need a mortgage lender to agree that they are willing to lend you the money to buy the property. This is called a ‘mortgage in principle’.

Do I need to use a solicitor?

In Scotland, you must use a solicitor to make a formal written offer for a property. Solicitors are responsible for putting in the offer, negotiating and checking the contract and organising the transfer of the Title and money.

Related News

Guide To Buying Your First Home

Buying your first home is a hugely exciting experience and a major life decision.

Added on Fri, 19th Nov 2021
Contact Us

Pollock & McLean offer a comprehensive range of legal and estate agency services.

What our clients say

“Having used Pollock & McLean to purchase a property during lockdown, I would highly recommend both the Solicitors and Sharon Fyall for any property purchase. The transaction was smooth, pleasant and stress free.”

This site uses cookies.
ConfigureHide Options
Read our privacy policy

This site uses cookies for marketing, personalisation, and analysis purposes. You can opt out of this at any time or view our full privacy policy for more information.